Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a multi million pound organisation based north of Stoke on Trent, with their need to recruit an Assistant Accountant on a permanent basis, reporting directly into the Management Accountant. The successful Assistant Accountant can expect a salary of £25,000 per annum + full study support and hybrid working, with 3 days working from home and 2 in the office.
This is fantastic opportunity for someone who is either nearing their final stages of their AAT, or recently completed, and looking to start either ACCA or CIMA.
You will be welcomed into a friendly and vibrant finance function, be taken under the Management Accountants wing, with a view to developing into a Management Accountant in the future.
CVs will be reviewed quickly, as interviews are looking to be held end of week/ start of next - please don't hesitate to apply to avoid missing out.
Assistant Accountant duties:
- Assist in Production of Monthly Management Accounts including P&L analysis and balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist with the forecast/budget preparation
- Monthly forecast update with actuals
- Liaising with budget holders to assist with budgetary control
- Production of daily and monthly financial reports
- Completion of monthly board report information
- Supplier Audit
- Sales invoicing
- Petty cash management
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks that commensurate with the role
- Promote a positive commitment to health and safety
- Actively promote and uphold the Company Values
- Good communication; both oral and written and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain good relationships with customers and colleagues
- Good IT skills (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Ability to reconcile complex accounts and have excellent attention to detail
- Calm, confident manner and the ability to handle potentially uncomfortable conversations
- Personal integrity and confidentiality
To apply for the Assistant Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.