Assistant Accountant - Maidenhead
£22,000 - £25,000 + 25 days holiday, pension, flexible benefits
Hybrid working - 2 days on the office
Our client is a well established, International provider of services to their clients, and you will be based at their Head Office in Maidenhead. They require a friendly, multi-tasking Assistant Accountant to join their team. You may well be able to offer a few years of experience, or equally be a returner to work after a period of leave and ready to return to a varied role, or currently studying AAT. All options will be considered! You must be professional and able to offer some suitable experience, and likely to have worked in a small team environment where you have performed a varied hands-on role.
As the Assistant Accountant, you will report to the Financial Controller and you will receive full training on any areas not previously covered and you will work within a finance team of 5, and have responsibility for:
- Purchase ledger - printing, posting and making payments, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Handling all queries on the AP ledger (via phone, email etc)
- Inputting new suppliers onto the accounts system, passing on banking details to the FC
- Expenses - processing monthly expenses forms for the 200 staff as and when needed
- Coding and posting the Credit card expenses, and flagging any errors to the FC
- Add any additional entries onto the Fixed Asset Register
- Maintain accurate records and complete a monthly reconciliation of the petty cash amounts (GBP and currency).
- Provide cover with posting of cash balances from the bank statement and other cash sources into the accounts systems accurately
- Be responsible for the Goods Received notes
- Posting journals to the General Ledger
- Match all of purchase invoices for approval as and when needed
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Support the finance team with any ad-hoc needs
- Previous experience of purchase and sales ledger would be an advantage but full training will be given
- Good IT skills - comfortable with Microsoft Excel
- Good attention to detail and able to multi-task
- Ability to question when needed
- Adaptability to pick up tasks as and when required
- An individual who is prepared to learn from others and quickly pick up new skills
This is a really unique Assistant Accountant role, where every day is different but you will be working in a very friendly, highly experienced and motivated team.
Please do get in touch for a full job spec and additional info, for this Maidenhead based client. They are based centrally in Maidenhead, so very close to the main station and all bus routes.