£22000.00 - £24000.00 per annum + + bonus + 25 days holiday
4 months ago
Our client, is a well recognised UK business, and a key leader within it's industry and are based in Wokingham, and require an Assistant Accountant to join their friendly, experienced accounts team.
You are likely to be able to offer a few years of experience, and potentially be studying (AAT/CIMA or ACCA) OR be a non-studier. You will be personable, engaging, hard-working and friendly and offer communicate well at all levels.
You will be responsible for allocation of payments and cash, allocating payments to client accounts, and to to work closely with wider finance team. Our client can offer training, and ideally they would like to recruit an individual who is systems savvy, happy to assist with the cash allocations and queries, with a high attention to detail.
Your role as an Assistant Accountant for our Wokingham client, will include:
- Working closely with the Accounts department of 10, reporting to the Finance Team Leader
- Matching cash postings and handling all queries
- Assisting with banking of any cheques
- Assisting the Accountant with reconciling bank statements
- Providing assistance with payment runs and filing of invoices
- Assisting with month-end duties
- Daily use of Sage and Excel (full training will be given)
- Ensuring accuracy at all times with allocating payments
- Ad-hoc duties and projects with the wider finance team
The successful Assistant Accountant will offer:
- A strong interest in working in accounting or finance
- Good written / oral communication skill
- Experienced at using excel, word and email
- Good interpersonal skills, both over the phone and on email
- Ability to work independently as well as a part of a team
This is a really unique Assistant Accountant role, for someone keen to put their next foot in the door of a superb friendly finance team, in Wokingham. My client can offer very modern offices, free parking and ideally you will have a car and full driving license. Please get in touch for this role and for further information on this temporary Accounts Assistant role, based in Wokingham. Our client is currently working 1-2 days in the office and the rest at home, so a perfect hybrid approach.