We're looking for an assistant accountant to join a great, positive and exciting business in Tamworth. Reporting into the Financial controller, and working closely with all divisions of the business, you'll be a confident communicator, able to work independently, and be happy to work with the wider team to improve processes and procedures.
Although this role is aimed at someone part qualified, we will considered anyone who is actively studying ACCA or CIMA
As Part Qualified Accountant you will report into the Financial Controller and be responsible for the following:
- Monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Monthly reconciliation of GBP and Euro bank accounts
- Calculation and processing of accruals and prepayments
- Calculating and reviewing the monthly bad and doubtful debt provision
- Maintenance of Fixed Asset Register
- Preparing and processing BACS, CHAPS and cheque payments
- Prepare and process month end journals requested by Finance Director
- Ensure supplier invoices are processed, paid on time and the accounts are up to date
- Ensure expenses are correctly calculated, approved and coded within the ledgers
- Maintain purchase ledger including management of balances and perform statement reconciliations
- Fleet Management query resolution
- Document critical processes and identify improvements and opportunities for efficiencies
- Ensure responsibilities specific to your role as detailed within BKH L006 Health Safety and Environment Policy are complied with
The ideal candidate for this Part Qualified role would ideally have 2 - 3 years similar experience and be looking to step into a broader role with more responsibility.
- Actively studying ACCA/CIMA
- Strong ability to engage & communicate with senior stakeholders
- Ideally studied accountancy, economics or business at university level.
What's On Offer?
- Salary of up to £30,000 + Study Support and benefits
- Excellent career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to work in a growing business
- A relaxed and collaborative environment
- Flexible working arrangements
If this sounds like the perfect position for you then please click apply to this advert!