We are working with a rapidly expanding, dynamic, business situated in Walsall and assisting with their search to find an experienced Assistant Accountant, to work at their Head Office function. The Assistant Accountant will report directly into the Accounts Manager, working within a fun and supportive team. The Assistant Accountant can expect a salary of up to £27,000 depending on experience level.
The business offer hybrid, flexible working, and excellent benefits including your birthday off and retail and restaurant discounts.
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience of high volume, multi cost centres, and intermediate Excel skills with the ability to manipulate large amounts of data and a sound understanding of double entry accounts.
Assistant Accountant role and responsibilities:
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Various balance sheet reconciliations
- VAT returns
- Management of the fixed asset register and posting depreciation
- Month end reconciliations to sales control accounts
- Monthly reporting of variance analysis
- Producing and analysing month end and year end financial accounts
Skills and attributes to succeed within the role:
- Ability to work within a fast paced, demanding environment
- Excellent communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve
- Adaptable to change