Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£40000 - £45000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Full Time (35 Hours - 9:00 to 5:00pm Monday to Friday)
Would you like to work for a leading privately owned multi-national investment and property management company, committed to the development of their people with clear opportunities for progression? Are you highly motivated and looking for the next step in your career as an asset manager?
My client is one of the UK's largest private owners of industrial, retail and office property to let, boasting a proven track record in improving returns and achieving strong asset growth within a mixed-use commercial property portfolio amounting to over 19 million square feet. The company are committed to maintaining strong core values of integrity and fairness amongst employees and in terms of their reputation for providing high quality commercial property. If you are an asset manager with limited experience or a general practice surveyor looking to make a move, this could be the role for you.
As Asset Manager you will benefit from a competitive salary and 27 days holiday (increasing with service) as well as an enhanced pension scheme. You will enjoy beautiful offices with on-site parking and EV charging points, a well-equipped gym with personal trainer, on-site canteen and outdoor seating as well as monthly social events, safe in the knowledge that the company believe their employees should always be well-valued. An Employee Assistance Programme and Mental Wellbeing App are available to support all individuals, whilst the diversity of the workforce is wholly appreciated and an environment free from discrimination is promoted. All employees receive occupational sick pay and eyecare vouchers/discounts as well as life assurance of 4x salary.
The Asset Manager will:
- Manage a portfolio of retail, industrial, office and residential assets, including the management of all aspects of the administrative, financial, capital and operation of the properties in the assigned portfolio as well as overseeing the sites surveying, facilities, promotion and performance.
- Conduct Landlord & Tenant work, being conversant in lease re-gearing, renewals and rent reviews.
- Oversee void properties including marketing and negotiating new lease terms as well as managing capital works projects, refurbishments and dilapidations.
- Be confident in making strategic recommendations to develop and grow the value of the estate and have a strong customer focus throughout all your activities.
- Liaise with our Facilities and Property Managers regarding Health and Safety, day-to-day property management, tenant liaison and estate repairs/maintenance whilst also working with the Property Management team to agree annual service charge budgets and implement reconciliations.
- Support the wider team with detailed due diligence to assist with acquisition and disposal opportunities and identify opportunities to acquire and dispose of investments whilst also supporting the delivery of the broad property strategy.
- Develop successful relationships with customers, internal stakeholders and external advisors
- Implement asset management initiatives and cross departmental working when managing the portfolio of properties
- Reposition assets through tenant mix, refurbishment and redevelopment.
- Meet with local stakeholders such as MPs, Local Authorities and Planners to build relationships, identify and achieve mutual goals.
- Execute reviews of all budget expenditure, monitor and address issues.
You will have 1+ years' experience in an asset management role as well as excellent people, operational and project management skills and a highly motivated, enthusiastic outlook. You can negotiate well and maintain strong organisational skills ensuring good management of a diverse and demanding workload, whilst working under pressure. You must be conversant in tenant and landlord law and have knowledge of legislation covering SHE aspects related to your work, whilst also demonstrating the ability to manage a portfolio, showing a strong customer focus. You display high standards of integrity, fairness and professionalism in order to build trust and respect. You are IT literate, have a degree or equivalent qualification and preferably RICS Qualified, though this is not essential.