Shirley, West Midlands
Up to £75000.00 per annum
8 months ago
Applications Service Team Leader - Shirley - £75,000
Application Support Manager, Applications Manager, Software Support Manager
I am currently working with a rapidly growing organisation based near Shirley who are going through a large IT transformation. As part of this transformation we are looking for an Application Services Manager to come on board and take full responsibility for all in house and 3rd party applications. This is a support position, not development, but the ideal candidate will have the right mix of hands on technical support and man management.
The future of this role will be to lead a team of Application Support Engineers looking after a large portfolio of varied applications. However, to begin with you will need to be hands on technical support and lead from the front.
Responsibilities & Experience:
- To setup an IT Applications capability; Business Intelligence (BI) platforms; SharePoint platform; Finance applications (Oracle Financials) etc.
- Deliver appropriate change activity that will help ensure that IT Application services and solutions operate as efficiently as possible in order to best support the customer facing areas of the business.
- Deliver 'best in class' operational IT Applications services, solutions and IT project delivery, underpinned by clear KPIs and metrics.
- Strong operational IT service delivery - adhering to ITIL 'best practice' processes.
- Strong IT project delivery - adhering to PRINCE2 (or equivalent) 'best practice' processes.
- Build and develop a high calibre Applications services team that can support the business strategic objectives.
If you have the required experience and you would like to find out more about this position, please apply here.