Location: Solihull but mostly home based (in office 2/3 days per month)
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a leading organisation based in Solihull. They are looking for an experience Applications Engineer to work with them on project work while still supporting the Applications Support team.
The Application Services function provides support across multiple business units, offering application services from project delivery, design & implementation through to operational support.The Team is growing, as we look ahead to deliver several modernisation and growth initiatives offering 'Cloud first' technology, standardise solutions and advocate for applications to help business operations.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable with cloud technology, Microsoft applications / Office 365, able to work in a fast agile environment, and able to support a range of operational applications as well as experience with SQL, Data Factory, Data bricks.
Technologies include Azure, SQL, API, and automations, Microsoft application stack, industry specific applications.
- To provide technical support and expertise to internal customers across a range of technology
- To be a 'hands on' technical Engineer across all our supported applications
- To own escalated incidents through to resolution to meet business needs
- To investigate and resolve application Incidents across a range of technology stacks
- To assist and complete solution design, build and delivery across a range of technology stacks in line with the business requirements for projects and improvements
- To research and advise on appropriate Application Solutions which will be appropriate for use across the business
- To build and implement monitoring capabilities across our core application stack
- To maintain application solutions throughout the business - including data and system integrations, routine updates, application patching
- To ensure applications and data are backed up in line with business requirements
- To implement technology and improvements across the business to resolve operational issues or project demand
- To create & maintain documentation across the Application Services Dept
- To create, manage and maintain Application Environments in line with IT principals
- To review, test and document Application Services technology
This is a huge opportunity to grow and develop your skills with a great range of upcoming projects. They are looking for someone flexible who is willing to get their hands dirty and get involved with new tools and tech.
Please apply asap if interested. GleeIT - Applications Engineer