£40000.00 - £50000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment are currently supporting a rapidly growing retailer who are looking for an experienced Agile Project Manager to join their team on a permanent basis at their head office in Herefordshire.
Overview of the role
Responsible for managing high profile, enterprise-level projects using Agile principles, ensuring projects are appropriately planned, organised, lead and reported to meet objectives on time and on budget
- Use Agile development principles to deliver enterprise-level projects with an appropriate level of
planning and governance that provides the right balance of agility and predictability.
- Manage several concurrent, high profile projects using Agile principles that may cross multiple business
units and 3rd party providers. Ensure projects are appropriately planned, organised, lead and reported
to meet objectives on time and on budget.
- Lead and motivate the Scrum teams assigned to your projects, to deliver against their commitments
and remove blockers to the project.
- Support the day to day running of the Scrum teams assigned to your projects by ensuring all agile
ceremonies run smoothly and have a productive outcome and impediments are removed
- Empower the Agile project teams so that they are fully engaged in the project and understand the
business goals and objectives, so that they feel they are making a valuable contribution to the business
- Manage sponsor and stakeholder expectations of project deliverables. Define, manage and deliver
project communications, including progress updates and steering groups.
- Drive the practice of minimal viable product, ensuring core features of change are identified and
proritised to deliver early business value.
- Work with the Architecture and Design authorities to ensure that solutions stay within the scope of the
project and MVP is always considered.
- Responsible for the management of project risks, issues, dependencies and blockers, ensuring they are
communicated, managed and mitigated appropriately.
- Proactively manage relationships with third parties during project activities; managing delivery
performance and adherence to agreed governance.
- Work with the PMO to define, manage and implement a well-defined project governance process that
allows teams to work agile but with the appropriate level of governance to ensure project delivery
- Work with the PMO to implement reporting that will track progress and delivery statistics and allow
measurement of adherence to best practice to better inform future planning and performance
- Work with the PMO to continuously review and improve process and practice for Agile working and
governance, supporting the implementation, adoption of Agile best practice across the business
- Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle and practices, as well as expert knowledge
of Agile and traditional project management principles and practices and when best to apply them
- Strong and diverse experience of delivering multi-discipline business and technology projects using
- Experience of leading multi-function project teams including business and technology SME's. Strong
leadership, facilitation and coaching skills
- Experience of delivering business transformation/legacy system replacement projects
- Good level of technical understanding to provide credible leadership to the development community
and to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues
- Demonstrates exceptional drive and tenacity to get things done and deliver business value;
understands the importance of commitments to delivery