Coventry, West Midlands
£60000.00 - £75000.00 per annum
2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group have just been briefed on a Agile Coach role working with a rapidly growing midlands based business. This role will be hybrid working so would suit anyone in the midlands area who is happy to commute 2 days a week into the office.
- Lead, manage and coach a team of senior professionals who are Scrum Masters and Agile Project Managers within the Change function in support of the change portfolio
- Develop and implement the systems, processes, Agile ways of working and mind-set across all the related project management and project office practices to develop and sustain a high performing team and delivery capability.
- Drive greater agility and improved delivery velocity in support of Change, IT, the business and product owner community.
- Support the creation of, and drive a community of practice, with a focus on professional development and continuous improvement for the Practice to be the best they can be and be recognised as change delivery leads. Develop and lead the Agile project community of practice within that.
- Be the Agile thought leader and advise the wider delivery community on how best to apply these methods to project and programme delivery; act as a SME to coach/mentor others.
You will be accountable for developing and leading the Agile Practice to:
Change Capability Uplift
- Lead, manage and continually develop a team of Agile Professionals to ensure they have the appropriate skills, attitudes and motivation to deliver the Change Portfolio.
- Identify capability frameworks, best practice methodologies and frameworks for deliverables to support the Agile team in applying capability to their daily tasks.
- Develop and maintain relevant community collateral, for example; competency and career frameworks, procedures, policies and processes.
- Identify recruitment requirements and be fully engaged with resource planning activity to ensure that capacity and capability levels across the practice are in line with current and near future requirements.
- Provide regular coaching and mentoring to direct reports, and Agile coaching across Change and key stakeholder areas.
- Ensure performance is reviewed on a regular basis and calibrated within both the team and Change to ensure business goals are met.
- Ensure the Agile Practice delivers high standards of service (both internally and externally) and an experience that consistently displays Members First principles and organisational values.
- Proactively support strong, collaborative and mutually rewarding relationships with all stakeholders, with focus on Change, IT and the business areas impacted when change is delivered
- Lead activity on behalf of the Head of Change Practice working with colleagues to realise consistently high levels of ownership, accountability and performance to deliver outstanding levels of colleague engagement.
- Deliver improved capabilities and ways of working, minimising operational risk in relevant areas.
- Identify appropriate formal and informal learning and development opportunities to increase the Practice capability, managing training and knowledge management budgets and assuring individual learning and career development plans are in place and regularly reviewed.
- Collaborate with Programme Leads to regularly review capability and performance with on-going capability assessments across the Agile Practice throughout the year.
- Lead, drive and embed the creation of a continuous improvement mind-set within the Practice and provide on-going communication of the progress of transformation initiatives to the Head of Practice and colleagues.
- Provide direction and coaching in continuous improvement techniques to develop capability.
- Engage with business, IT and Business Change stakeholders to source the right quality people.
- Understand and react to changing business needs and developments in transformation and methodology.
- Own, drive and deliver the right change delivery capabilities and skill-sets. Implement plans that retain and attract the best people.
- Improve consistency of guidance, training, induction, coaching and assurance.
- Deputise for the Head of Practice Management in leadership and engagement of the overall change community of professional practice, and in driving the capability uplift across all practices.
Be an advocate for Change
- Promote the Change brand and Agile ways of working across the Change function and wider stakeholders.
- Where appropriate, collaborate with other functions outside of Change in order to determine best practice to continuously improve Change and Agile capability.
- Work with key senior stakeholders to assess the optimal Agile approach and toolkit across the different programmes of Change.