High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire
£28000.00 - £30000.00 per annum + 25 days hols + bens
about 1 month ago
Accounts Receivable and Payables Assistant
Hybrid working (4 days in the office, 1 day at home)
This is a really unique, hands-on, newly created role, working for an established, well know UK organisation as they expand into new countries. You will be working alongside a very established finance team of 8 and ideally you will offer recent similar experience. 75% of this role is AR, and 25% is AP.
The person responsible for this role will be supporting the Finance of 8. You will need to know how to build relationships with customers, both internal & external. You will also need to be proactive, self-motivated, and happy to get involved with many varying tasks.
Responsibilities as the Accounts Receivable and Payables Assistant
- Maintain the accuracy of customer accounts and to process cash allocation from bank statement
- Monitor unallocated cash, liaising with business unit and customers to resolve unpaid amounts
- Process new customer requests
- Verify customer data using credit referencing agencies, and Companies House
- Maintain the sales ledger, including annual credit reviews, name changes, changes to Companies House & credit risk information
- Cash allocations
- Proactively manage ledger accounts to ensure accounts are paid strictly to terms including pre-due chasing, due reminders, overdue chasing, placing accounts on stop
- Take card payments for non-credit customers
- Manage queries - ensure query information for unpaid invoices has been passed to the relevant departments.
- Monitor stopped accounts and orders on hold throughout the day to ensure orders can be released where necessary.
- Issue monthly statements to customers / copy invoices
- Ensuring payment runs are processed
- Paying all suppliers accurately when required
- Resolving any AP and AR queries on time and efficiently
The successful Accounts Receivable and Payables Assistant will offer:
- A proven track record within AR and AP
- Significant hands-on business experience with accounting functions
- Strong commercial and strategic understanding
- Must be fluent in English (oral & written)
- Able to manipulate data and have reasonable Excel skills.
- Self-driven, results-oriented entrepreneurial person with a positive outlook and a clear focus
- Attention to detail and ability to process a high volume of invoices.
- Ability to work both within a defined structure as well as independently
- A commitment to deliver great customer experience
My client can offer an immediate start so please do get in touch for more details of this superb role. The salary on offer will be £20,000 - £30,000 + 25 days holiday + pension + healthcare. Modern offices, plenty of free parking, hybrid working (4 days in the office) and a great opportunity to work with a friendly, talented finance team.