Birmingham, West Midlands
£30000.00 - £35000.00 per annum
4 months ago
Looking to speak with Accounts Payable Team Leaders with previous experience working within construction, for a newly created position, managing the subcontractor and payments team for a multinational business. This role is reporting directly into the Accounts Payable Manager with 6 direct reports.
You will be based in the centre of Birmingham in brand new offices, with agile working on offer.
Depending on experience you can expect a salary of up to £35,000 per annum.
Applications will only be considered with CIS and reverse VAT experience.
Accounts Payable Team Leader duties:
- Manage the subcontractor team and manage payments for the group
- Full ownership of reporting CIS returns to HMRC in line with CIS regulations
- Ensure efficient and timely processing of payment runs and maintain positive working relationships with vendors
- Regular 121s with the team and target setting
- Be the key point of contact for supplier payment queries and audit queries
- Ensure you keep up to date with regulations with CIS and Reverse VAT
- Processing payments through BACS/ manual payments for the group subcontractors
- Manage subcontractor ledger and ensure CIS payments are made in a timely manner
Skills and qualification which make an ideal applicant:
- Previous experience within a similar role - ideally UK construction
- A sound understanding of the CIS scheme
- Diligent, accurate and self motivated
- Previous managerial experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel, and other MS suite packages
For the full job specification please don't hesitate to get in touch.
To apply for the Accounts Payable Team Leader position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.