Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£24000 - £26000 per annum + study support if required
4 months ago
Accounts Payable Supervisor - great opportunity to join a growing business based in Wolverhampton
Gleeson Recruitment Group is currently recruiting for a market leading business to appoint an AP Supervisor to their team.
This is a role for someone with strong accounts knowledge, within an organisation that is undergoing a period of very positive change.
The main focus for this position will be to oversee the end-to-end processes of the AP function. Due to the recent growth of the business, there will also be scope for the successful individual to take on some additional tasks to support the management accounts team, making this a varied and challenging opportunity. The business will support AAT studies if required.
- Leading the team in the day to day operations of the AP function
- Ensuring the team are up to date with reconciliations, queries and other outstanding issues for month and year end requirements
- Supporting the team in the more "hands on" tasks, including invoice processing, matching, coding, and associated query resolution
- Cash position reporting
- Managing all related stakeholders across the business, ensuring all required information is accessible for reporting purposes
- Creating and maintaining strong cross-functional working partnerships with the wider business
- Supporting the management accounts team
This is a permanent opportunity that will offer a fantastic challenge for a candidate who is motivated by change and team leadership. Salary ranges from £24-26k per annum plus benefits, including support for your AAT qualification if required.
The ideal candidate would have the following:
- Experience and a proven track record in a similar role as PL/AP Supervisor, or with the potential to take on a team leader role
- Strong understanding of end-to-end purchase ledger and related functions and processes
- Personable, supportive and customer-focused attitude
- A strong communicator able to motivate and mentor key members of staff
- Hands on capabilities, willing to clear backlogs and assist with more repetitive tasks
- Strong Excel skills
- A desire to develop their general accounting skills
Please click apply, or call Jo Payne on 0121 752 9950 for more details.