Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a UK wide service business with a HQ based in Swansea, and supporting them with their recruitment for an Accounts Payable Supervisor/ Team Leader on a 12 month FTC. Reporting directly in the Accounts Payable Manager - Salary circa £27,000 per annum.
This is a great opportunity for an experienced Accounts Payable Clerk to gain exposure in a supervisory role to take with them on their next venture.
No supervisory experience needed!
As the Accounts Payable Supervisor, you will provide support to the Purchase Ledger Clerks, deal with any escalations and ensure payments are processed in a timely manner.
This role is a 12 month fixed-term contract, covering maternity.
Main duties include:
- Provide first point of contact support for the Purchase Ledger team to resolve queries and 3 - way match failures
- Deal with any corrections required to transactions
- Managing supplier accounts that are "On Stop" from purchasing
- Processing weekly payment runs
- Cash posting non system generated items from the bank statement
- Reconciling any discrepancies between the bank statement items and the ledger to support the Treasury team with bank reconciliations
- Preparing schedule of business rates payments for 180+ branches
- Reconciling credit card statements used for branch stock purchases
- Monitoring utilities and ensure costs are covered for all branches
- Manage any proforma invoices. Ensuring the VAT receipts are received and processed in a timely manner
- Resolving any accounts that are in a debit balance to obtain any missing invoices or requesting refunds
About The Candidate
The ideal candidate would be highly competent in excel as the role is based on excel using a variety of different formulas, pivot table and macros. The candidate would preferably have a background in excel and report running.
What you'll need to succeed:
- Proven experience of working in a similar role, ideally within a multi-site organisation
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Able to process high volume of paperwork
- Effective communication skills
- Good attention to detail
To apply for the Accounts Payable Supervisor position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.