£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + 20 days holiday + pension + bens
about 2 months ago
Accounts Payable Manager / AP Manager
Reading based - outskirts of Reading - free parking
£40,000 - £45,000 + 20 days holiday (rises with experience) + pension + bens
Hybrid working - 3 days in the office, 2 at home
Gleeson Recruitment Group are delighted to be actively seeking an experienced Accounts Manager, due to continued successes in their UK & Ireland markets.
This is a newly created role, reporting to the Head of Finance, and will be overseeing/mentoring a team of 6 in the AP department. You will ideally be able to offer suitable, similar, and recent experience (from the UK) and be supportive and confident in leading the team.
The successful Accounts Payable Manager will be responsible for:
- Managing one of the teams of 6 AP Controllers (alongside the other AP Manager who manages the other half of the AP Team), including performance management and training
- Produce any information and back up as required for external audits or statutory reporting, or any other business need
- Compile payment runs for approval and use of online banking system to generate payments
- Deal with any payment escalations from stakeholders, including attending payment escalation calls
- Process improvement, suggesting and implementing new ways of working
- Ensure all key supplier accounts are fully reconciled on a regular basis and any queries resolved
- Ensuring working capital position is maximised through accurate payment to terms for all suppliers
- Raise ad-hoc business-critical payments in the bank when requested and handle any queries/escalations
- Ensure all such payments are properly recorded in the Finance ERP System and any intercompany transactions are fully posted in both group companies
- Ensure that all AP generated transactions are posted to the bank accounts in a timely fashion and completed according to the month end timetable in order that the Cash & Banking team can complete bank reconciliations
The successful appointed AP Manager will receive great support, long-term career development and a opportunity to join a reputable business with long term exciting plans.
Please do get in touch for a full job spec and for further details. My client can interview at very short notice.