Birmingham, West Midlands
£20000.00 - £25000.00 per annum
about 2 months ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are partnering with an exciting, agile and innovative business based in central Birmingham, who are looking to appoint an Accounts Assistant on a permanent basis.
You will be joining a business which prides themselves on their employee well being, equal opportunity and a brand which works on exciting projects.
You will be reporting into the Finance Manager, and receiving a salary between £20,000 - £25,000 per annum depending on experience.
This role is perfect for someone looking to expand their finance knowledge, or someone who loves the transactional side of finance, and wants to be apart of a flexible work force.
The business operate a hybrid working model, offering the opportunity to work from home 3 x per week.
Accounts Payable Clerk duties:
- Maintain purchase ledger including invoice entry, payment processing within supplier payment terms and creditor management.
- Review and process staff expense claims.
- Review and maintain outstanding purchase orders, following up on outstanding approvals or other queries.
- Work collaboratively, support, and provide cover for the Assistant Accountant with accounts receivable and general ledger work such as raising sales\proforma invoices, processing customer receipts, general ledger journals and importing bank transactions.
- Credit control.
- Produce regular reports such as aged creditors, aged debtors, held invoices etc with supporting commentary in support of monthly Management Accounts packages.
- Proactively pursue creditor queries internally and externally.
- Cashbook maintenance and analysis.
- Assist with the compilation of claims.
- Support Assistant Accountant with VAT return.
- Work alongside the procurement team to help ensure that processes have been followed and document any process failures and propose solutions.
- Supporting with the administration of corporate accounts such as prepayment expense cards, uber for business etc.
Please get in touch to find out more!!
To apply for the Accounts Payable Clerk position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.