Coventry, West Midlands
£24000.00 - £27000.00 per annum
17 days ago
Are you a budding Accounts Payable Clerk or Finance Intern looking to grow your career in a successful business? Do you enjoy managing your own workload yet being part of a tight-knit, supportive team? If so, please read on.
I am seeking an Accounts Payable Clerk to join a thriving team based just outside Coventry on a permanent basis, for a salary of around mid £20,000's depending on experience. If you are immediately available or on a short notice period - even better! Our client is seeking an adaptable Accounts Payable to join the team ASAP to hit the ground running and are offering ongoing training and development plans. The successful AP Clerk will be based just outside of Coventry and can choose to work hybrid or 5 days per week in the office, with some flexibility on hours - perfect for your work/life balance!
You will be a crucial member of this team; following a new system implementation, there is a requirement for a tech-savvy and inquisitive finance professional to assist with the backlog of invoices and focus on continuous improvement of processes within the finance department. Under the tutelage of the Head of Transactional Finance, you will be expected to take charge of your AP responsibilities and support the wider transactional team. If you are a finance graduate with 1-2 years relevant experience, or an experienced Accounts Payable/Finance Assistant looking for a steady yet challenging role, I would love to hear from you.
- Creation of payment runs, both weekly and monthly
- Reviewing of purchase orders to ensure the system is up to date
- Reconcile supplier statements to ensure records match and action those that require attention
- Process credit card statements
- Process purchase invoices and credit notices
- Match purchase invoices with purchase orders, flagging to the relevant teams if any issues
- Create and maintain supplier records within the system
- Focus on continuous improvement of processes and system use
- Effectively deal with supplier queries and be a point of contact to ensure issues are resolved quickly
- Assist the Management Accountants with the month end closing process
What you need to succeed:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong IT knowledge with Word, Excel, Powerpoint and accounting systems
- Possess a problem solving 'can-do' attitude with the ability to think outside the box independently
- Experience managing ledgers and lots of data
- Professional telephone manner
If this role sounds of interest to you, please don't hesitate to get in touch - / 07554335466.
Interviews will be conducted early next week.