Bilston, West Midlands
£18000.00 - £20000 per annum
25 days ago
Accounts Assistant - Cash and Banking Team
£20,000 per annum
12 month fixed term contract
Must be available to start ASAP
Job summary: Supporting the order to bank process through process adherence and bank reconciliation
- Daily downloading of bank statements
- Timely and accurate allocation of receipts received
- Undertaking the cash clearing process for all receipts and payments
- Processing of customer refunds and ledger adjustments.
- Ensuring full posting of all receipts
- Accurate and precise bank management.
- Full reconciled bank to system reconciliation
- Payment dispute management
- Posting and allocations of all none receipted ledger adjustments.
- Coordinating customer payment notification
- Applying customer and intercompany payment as directed
- Process credit and rebills
- Support processing of invoices
- Communicating with customers where required for payment confirmation
- Generation of key documentation via 3rd party suppliers
- Liaising with other departments to ensure company policy compliance.
- Ensuring adherence with Company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Ensuring adherence with all compliance standards and operate with integrity at all times.
- Ensuring adherence to company's health and safety standards, to protect the wellbeing of colleagues.
- Adhering to and drive company's core values.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to manage the invoice and cash posting of all transactions to the AR ledger
- Able to communicate with internal and external customers in a professional and appropriate manner
- Able to function in a target driven environment and deliver OTIF
- Flexible approach to changing work tasks.
- Full understanding of all banking duties
- Attention to detail
- Organised and structured approach
- Understanding of local legislations with regard to countries under their remit
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to apply business requirements in a practical manner.
Experience / Knowledge
- Must have a working knowledge of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience of ERP system cash management
- A good understanding of all transactional posting working practices
- Full understanding of the invoice to bank process
- Practical cash applications / treasury experience.
If you are the relevant experience and you are available to start work ASAP, please apply.