£10 - £12.50 per hour + bens
6 months ago
Our client is a growing, prestigious business services client, based in various offices across the UK and aims to deliver a first-class service to all of it's customers. Due to a recent expansion, or client is seeking an Accounts Assistant / Accounts Payable Specialist to report directly into the Financial Director and working alongside 6 other finance members and you will be to be based at their Head office, in Reading.
My client can offer training, but this role is ideally suited to individuals who have held similar accounting roles within a team environment previously, and if you are able to hit the ground running with limited training, then this would be preferred.
Reporting to the Finance Director, your duties will be varied, challenging and rewarding, and you will offer the ability to be creative, think of new ways of working, be forward-thinking and hands-on.
The successful Accounts Assistant will be responsible for:
- Manage all aspects of accounts payable, processing of invoices, matching, batching and coding of invoices
- Handling all AP queries, including setting up of new suppliers, and entering all appropriate information onto the accounts system
- Daily bank reconciliations
- Working closely with the Credit Controller, allocating all payments (multi-currency and UK payments)
- Assisting with month-end activities
- Pro-actively working on ad-hoc finance tasks
The successful Accounts Assistant will offer:
- A strong Accounts Payable background with a happiness to help out in other finance areas (SL, CC etc)
- Experience of working in a similar hands-on role
- Hands-on, pro-active and versatile
- Recent experience of working on Sage, or similar package
- Great stake-holder management
- Personable, engaging and interactive
- Interactive and attentive
This is a superb Accounts Assistant opportunity to work for a growing, well-regarded business, who are working with some of the world's leading businesses. Please contact me for further details. My client can offer a friendly working environment, on-the-job training as as well as plenty of free parking and modern offices. Also within easy reach of all public transport routes.
This is initially to be hired on a temporary basis, with an immediate start (within 1-2 weeks), with a long term view of a permanent role for the right candidate.