£20000.00 - £27000.00 per annum + 22 days holidays (rising) + pension
7 months ago
Accounts Assistant (Part Time or Full Time)
Flexible on hours or days
2 days in the office - 3 days at home - ideally suited to a car owner, due to the rural location of the office, on the outskirts of Thame.
£20,000 - £27,000 (Full time Equivalent - part time options also available)
Our client is a well established, International provide of services to their Global clients, and based at their Head Office on the outskirts of Thame, require a friendly, multi-tasking Accounts Assistant to join their team. You may well be able to offer a few years of experience, or be sa school leaver, or equally be a returner to work after a period of leave and ready to return to a varied role, or requiring a part time role. All options will be considered! You must be professional and able to offer some suitable experience, and likely to have worked in a small team environment where you have performed a varied hands-on role.
As the Accounts Assistant, you will report to the Financial Controller and you will receive full training on any areas not previously covered and yu will work within a finance team of 5, and have responsibility for:
- Purchase ledger - printing, posting and making payments, ensuring accuracy at all times
- Handling all queries on the AP ledger (via phone, email etc)
- Inputting new suppliers onto the accounts system, passing on banking details to the FC
- Expenses - processing monthly expenses forms for the 200 staff as and when needed
- Coding and posting the Credit card expenses, and flagging any errors to the FC
- Administer petty cash to staff as and when required
- Maintain accurate records and complete a monthly reconciliation of the petty cash amounts (GBP and currency).
- Provide cover with posting of cash balances from the bank statement and other cash sources into the accounts systems accurately
- Maintain the cash spreadsheet daily and accurately with all transactions
- Match all of purchase invoices for approval as and when needed
- Supplier statement reconciliations
- Support the finance team with any ad-hoc needs
- Previous experience of purchase and sales ledger would be an advantage but full training will be given
- Good IT skills - comfortable with Microsoft Excel
- My client will consider flexible hours as well as part time options also
- Good attention to detail and able to multi-task
- Ability to question when needed
- Adaptability to pick up tasks as and when required
- An individual who is prepared to learn from others and quickly pick up new skills
This is a really unique Accounts Assistant role, where every day is different but you will be working in a very friendly, highly experienced and motivated team.
Please do get in touch for a full job spec and additional info, for this Thame based client.