A highly acquisitive, private equity backed business based in Birmingham City Centre are looking to recruit an accounts assistant to join their finance function.
In this newly created role you will be joining an ambitious and driven team. You'll be working in a business where you will be given a really great insight into how the business works and work with senior stakeholders as part of a small team. You would be joining a truly high calibre finance team in Birmingham City centre.
This role is supporting the Management Accountant and the wider accounts team in providing an efficient and proactive role within the accounts department. The role is varied so we need a well-rounded individual that is able to cover all aspects of finance with a focus on sales ledger and credit control.
We are looking for someone that is keen to develop a strong knowledge of the industry and build relationships with clients and internally with directors.
In this accounts assistant position Duties involve:
- To support the finance team with managing the finance inbox, answering emails and resolving queries
- To assist with month end balance sheet reconciliations
- To assist with month end journals
- To assist the Management Accountant to raise sales invoices in accordance with the orderbook, ensuring the fee has been agreed with client and director before sending out
- To ensure sales invoices are reflected accurately in both the project management and accounting systems
- To process invoices efficiently and accurately to ensure month end close deadlines are met
- To ensure sales statements are sent out monthly to all clients
- To pro-actively manage all client accounts and ensure ledgers are kept tidy
- To build strong relationships with clients, resolving queries quickly and maintaining a positive external reputation for the business
- To ensure VAT is processed correctly for all invoices
- To effectively manage the end-to-end process of the sales ledger
- Support with project related financial queries
- To provide cover for purchase ledger as and when required
- Support with Banking and Reporting when required.
The successful candidate is likely to have some good experience in sales ledger and looking for an exciting opportunity to grow and develop within a company whilst still using their current skill set. You will be a confident communicator, that is happy to be involved in all aspects of finance, be naturally inquisitive and happy to go and find something out and use your initiative if you're unsure.
- Competitive Salary
- Excellent working environment, modern open plan offices
To apply for the Accounts Assistant role, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.