Gleeson Recruitment Group are partnering with an international manufacturing firm based in Wolverhampton, who are actively looking for an adaptable Accounts Assistant to join their established team on a permanent basis including a salary of up to £23000 PA.
The successful Accounts Assistant will be reporting directly to the Accounting Manager and will play a key part in purchase ledger, cashbook, expenses/nominal ledger/month end routines, alongside assisting the wider finance team when required.
This role provides a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious graduate or experienced Accounts Assistant looking for growth prospects within a successful business looking to expand.
Accounts Assistant key responsibilities:
- Purchase ledger activities, such as but not limited to; processing and checking invoices daily, generating payment runs, dealing with supplier call and email queries, updating purchase ledger register log and issuing to relevant departments, supplier statement reconciliations.
- Daily update of cash book transactions from bank statements
- Nominal ledger/month end routines and close off
- Contract transfers
- Accruals and prepayments, including GRNI & Goods Inspection reports
- Checking and posting expenses claims on a weekly basis, ensuring all expenses are authorised and queries dealt with in a timely manner
- Organised filing of finance documentation
- Monthly preparation of overhead transactional analysis
- Assisting the cost engineer with orders and invoice requirement for customer submissions
- Ensure all monthly cut-offs are met for month end for all of the above
Essential experience for the role:
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer accounting software systems
- Experienced in processing and maintaining entries in accounts payable and general ledgers
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent level of numeracy and strong attention to detail
- Highly organised and able to use own initiative with a motivation to complete tasks
- Good IT literacy skills, proficient in MS Excel
We will respond to successful applications within 7 days of receipt, however if you require any more details please feel free to get in touch with the designated recruiter.