Walsall, West Midlands
£25000 - £32000 per annum
2 months ago
Gleeson recruitment Group are actively looking to appoint a Transactional Accounts Assistant on a 9-month FTC, for a well-established finance team within a logistics firm near Walsall. This firm has not been affected by Covid 19, putting them in good stead for the future. This role is reporting directly into the Financial Controller, acting as the first point of contact for 3 transactional processing members.
The primary purpose of the role is to ensure the smooth running of the office/transactional finance function including, cash posting, debt collection, accounts payable and accounts receivable.
You can expect a salary between £25,000 - £32,000 depending on experience.
Please only apply if you are immediately available/ or on a short notice period and can commit to the full duration of the contract. There is also a possibility this role could become permanent.
Accounts Assistant duties:
- Reconciliation of balance sheets, cash book and inter-company postings
- Management of petty cash
- Assist with monthly/ weekly payroll when required
- Assisting with the Purchase Ledger & Sales Ledger
- Acting as the first point of contact for debt collection queries
- Managing the fuel accounts
- Sub-contractor invoicing
- Providing support to the Financial Controller with month end tasks as an when required
- Previous experience in a similar role/ industry
- Have obtained a professional accounting qualification/ qualified by experience
- Excellent Excel skills
- Previous supervisory experience - desired not essential
For more information please do not hesitate to get in touch.
To apply for the Transactional Accounts Assistant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.