£25000.00 - £30000.00 per annum
24 days ago
Are you looking to join a finance team in an established, and growing company? Do you have previous accounts experience and are looking to expand on your knowledge? Are you able to bring a confident and enthusiastic approach to a fast-paced environment?
An exciting opportunity has arisen within the central finance team of an expanding company based in Rugby. This company are experts in their field and maintain the highest quality of service to their customers. With a bespoke and innovative approach, they remain highly regarded in their field. The company is growing year on year and after an internal promotion they are now looking for a driven Accounts Assistant to support their already strong and streamlined finance team.
- Processing of weekly sales invoices.
- Daily processing of bank statement transactions.
- Reconciliation of supplier statements.
- Processing the monthly supplier payment run.
- Setting up new customer and supplier accounts.
- Credit Control - chasing debts, credit checks etc.
- Reviewing, coding and posting of purchase invoices.
- Collating payroll information to submit to external agency.
- Month end journals, prepayments, and accruals.
- Maintaining the fixed asset register.
- Assisting with reconciliation of the balance sheet.
- Assisting cash-flow submission.
- Completing VAT returns and assisting with other HMRC submissions.
Is this role right for you?
You will need to have previous experience working as an Accounts Assistant or similar role. You must be a quick learner who has a keen eye for detail, accuracy, and a good head for figures. We are looking for a team player who can assist the wider team and be able to organise your own desk. You will need to have great communication and customer service skills. You should have a good working knowledge of Sage 50 and Excel. The ideal candidate will have studied or be studying AAT or other relevant qualification.
- Annual Salary of up to £30,000 DOE.
- Study support.
- Progression opportunities.
- Free Parking.