Wolverhampton, West Midlands
£35000.00 - £40000.00 per annum + study support
about 1 month ago
Gleeson Recruitment Group are working with a global brand based in Wolverhampton, and assisting with their need to recruit a part qualified Accountant on a permanent basis. The successful part qualified accountant can expect a salary between £30,000 - £37,000 per annum depending on experience. Initially this role will be heavily reporting based, and will be a role the chosen individual can make their own. The primary responsibility will be to complete accounting and reporting of the businesses leased assets under new reporting standards.
This is an excellent opportunity for a part qualified accountant, who wants a broad position where they can grow and develop within the wider finance team.
You will be a crucial part of the finance function, and be given the opportunity to showcase your work, and become a future manager.
Hybrid working is on offer with the opportunity to work from home 2-3 times per week. Study support will also be provided.
Key Accountability's: Accountant - part qualified:
- Support with the implementation of new US GAAP accounting standards
- Timely and accurate maintenance of lease schedules for property, vehicles, office equipment ect - including prepayments and accruals
- Accounting for Right of Use Assets and associated costs - across all European entities
- Maintenance of Asset registers, disposables and asset transfer files and implement controls
- Balance sheet reconciliations for all relevant codes in US and Local GAAP
- Assist the Compliance teams with accurate reporting and support with external audit and stat filings
- Support with innovative ways to reduce month end reporting time frames
- Good accounting technician capable of developing deep subject matter expertise
- Confident communicator
- Constantly seeking to improve standards of work
- Self-motivated, proactive and strong analytical skills
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills coupled with strong coaching skills,
- Assertive but diplomatic
- Operates effectively in a deadline-oriented environment and manage multiple activities
- Discreet and trust-worthy, working with confidential data
Who are you?
- Actively working toward ACCA/CIMA qualification - ideally part way through
- 1 + years Financial Accounting experience
- Asset experience - desired, not essential
To apply for the part qualified Accountant position, please click on the apply now button and your CV will be sent directly to the responsible recruiter. We will respond to successful applicants within 7 days, however please feel free to get in touch if you would like any further information about your application.