Kingston upon Thames, London
£40000.00 - £45000.00 per annum + 25 days hols + bens
3 months ago
9 month FTC
Our well-established, highly regarded and award winning Financial Services client, based in Kingston upon Thames, are seeking an experienced Qualified Accountant (or Finalist ACCA/CIMA) for 9 months to work on a newly created project within the Finance team.
Working closely with the well-regarded, experienced finance team, and working closer with the transactional teams and Finance Manager, you will ideally have worked within a Financial Services business previously and be available at short notice to start this role. Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this role will be working from home throughout this assignment.
As an Interim Accountant your role will be varied, interesting and also challenging, and will include:
Assist with month end process and activities including the lease accounting entries.
- Assisting the finance team with month-end processed and activities including the lease accounting entries
- Performing daily balance sheet reconciliations
- Assisting with the VAT return for all registered entities
- Liaising with providers of the lease administration system, building a relationship and working with the IT teams to improve reporting
- Checking all payment requests, ensuring adequate documentation
- Control accounting
- Preparing and checking settlements as well as part settlements and variation calculations
- Maintaining fixed asset register and movement in work in progress
- Accruals and prepayments
Ideally you will come from a similar Financial Services or Leasing background, within the Financial Services industry and be able to add value to this established team.
The ideal profile of this Lease Accountant will include:
- Previous experience of working in a similar Accounting role
- Qualified/Finalist ACA or ACCA or CIMA
- Knowledge of working within the Leasing and Financial Services industry
- Advanced Excel skills
- Strong financial accounting experience
- Enthusiastic, proactive, flexible and accurate
Please do get in touch for more information on this role and my client can move very quickly with interviews and on-boarding. You must be available at fairly short notice to start this role and be able to work from home initially, with the long term plan to return to the office on a flexible work basis. Full training on their in-house systems will of course be given. This role will be hired on a 9 month FTC basis plus superb benefits.