Birmingham, West Midlands
5 months ago
We have an opportunity for an Account Manager to join an ever-expanding PR team and provide support on a varied portfolio of national B2B brands.
The successful applicant will work within the PR team but will also work closely with our award-winning digital team to help manage and implement integrated campaigns across a range of sectors.
We are looking for someone who is results-driven and who will quickly make a difference on accounts, forging excellent client relationships and getting under the skin of the businesses we represent. The right candidate will be familiar with a variety of trade media and will demonstrate tenacity in building links with journalists. Exceptional copy-writing skills for print media are a must - as is the ability to create engaging and share able content for social channels.
What you'll do…
- Serve a roster of B2B clients, handling all aspects of day-to-day PR
- Liaise with clients, acting as an extension of their team and nurturing a strong, professional relationship, built on trust
- Handle sizeable accounts, with direction, taking responsibility for day to day client care
- Research and produce well-written, accurate copy suitable for a range of publications and marketing channels
- Sell-in, monitor and evaluate coverage, to meet and brief journalists and to build an impressive address book of contacts
- Consistently meet deadlines set by clients, media and managers alike
- Track activity and manage administration tasks for the client list
- Get under the skin of our client's businesses and get to grips with how they work and where we can add value
What you'll need…
- Must be educated to degree standard and have first class verbal communication skills
- Will ideally hold a full, clean driving license
- Have 12-18 months experience in a public relations role - either agency or inhouse
- Excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills.
- A self-driven enthusiasm to deliver results against targets set at the outset of any given PR campaign