Gleeson Recruitment Ltd Telecommunication, CCTV and Video Recording and Monitoring Policy
Gleeson Recruitment Ltd use a telephone system that is capable of recording call details and conversations. Like many other organisations, this is a standard practice that allows the recording of telephone calls for quality monitoring, training, compliance and security purposes. Calls made or received by our employees via either main office numbers, direct dial numbers or mobile phones, may be recorded. These recordings will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
Information that is recorded:
- The time, date and duration of the call.
- The telephone number of the person making the call, and the number being called (unless withheld).
- If listed within our systems, the names of the participants.
- An audio recording of the conversation.
We shall ensure that the use of these recordings is fair and that we comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation, including:
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
- The Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications Regulations) 2000.
- The Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
- The General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
- The Data Protection Act 2018.
- The Human Rights Act 1998.
- The Protection of Freedoms Act 2012
- The Surveillance Camera Code of Practice 2013
Under normal circumstances a call will not be reviewed unless:
- it is required to establish the existence of facts relevant to the business.
- it is necessary to investigate a complaint.
- it is part of a management check that service standards are being met.
- it is required for the prevention or detection of crime.
- it is necessary to check compliance with regulatory procedures.
- it will be used in training and coaching our staff, however in such cases calls are edited so that the caller remains anonymous.
As part of the recruitment process, you may be invited to complete a video interview. Video interviews are quick and easy to set up and are a great opportunity to express who you are, why you’re right for the role, and to really stand out from the crowd.
You may be asked to complete a solo video interview, during which you will record your responses to a series of questions, or to record an interview with one of our consultants. Your completed videos may be shared for recruitment purposes, with our consultants or clients, with the intention of promoting you to fill a job vacancy.
We store video interviews on our online system for 6 months, after which point, they are deleted. To request a video to be removed before these 6 months have passed, please email email@example.com.
We use CCTV on our premises in order to prevent crime, ensure compliance with company polices and health and safety rules and to ensure the safety and security of our premises and staff. The cameras are positioned so they only cover communal or public areas and have been sited so that they provide clear images. Access to, and disclosure of images recorded on CCTV is restricted to ensure that the rights of individuals are retained. The recordings are stored digitally in a secure location, and are deleted and overwritten on a recycling basis and are not held for more than six months.
We are committed to promoting equality, diversity and equal opportunities at all stages of employment and throughout the recruitment process. Should you require any reasonable adjustments to participate in a call or video interview then please contact a member of the recruitment team who can organise this on your behalf.
Personal data collected in the course of recording activities will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with data protection law. It will be:
- adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- used for the purpose(s) stated in this policy only and not used for any other purposes.
- accessible only to authorised Gleeson Recruitment Ltd employees.
- treated confidentially.
- stored securely.
- not kept for longer than necessary and will be securely destroyed when it is no longer required.
- Call recordings shall not be passed to any third parties unless they have a legal right to it (for example the Police or HMRC) or there is a legitimate business need to do (for example in defence of an allegation against Gleeson Recruitment Ltd or our employees).
Under GDPR you have the right to request a copy of your videos and calls, and to request that your videos and calls be deleted if you believe we are keeping them for longer than necessary. These requests should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternative methods of communication are available, please contact us at email@example.com for more information.
Queries and concerns should be directed to the Technology and Data Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.