Gleeson Recruitment Limited Telecommunication recording and monitoring policy:
Gleeson Recruitment Limited use a telephone system that is capable of recording call details and conversations. Like many other organisations, this is a standard practice that allows the recording of telephone calls for quality monitoring, training, compliance and security purposes.
Calls made or received by our employees, via either main office numbers, direct dial numbers and mobile phones may be recorded. These recordings will only be used for the purposes specified in this policy.
Information that is recorded:
- The time, date and duration of the call.
- The telephone number of the person making the call, and the number being called (unless withheld).
- If listed within our systems, the names of the participants.
- An audio recording of the conversation.
We shall ensure that the use of these recordings is fair and that we comply with the requirements of the relevant legislation, including:
- The Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act 2000.
- The Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practice) (Interception of Communications Regulations) 2000.
- The Telecommunications (Data Protection and Privacy) Regulations 1999.
- The General Data Protection Regulation 2016.
- The Data Protection Act 2018.
- The Human Rights Act 1998.
Under normal circumstances a call will not be reviewed unless:
- it is required to establish the existence of facts relevant to the business.
- it is necessary to investigate a complaint.
- it is part of a management check that service standards are being met.
- it is required for the prevention or detection of crime.
- it is necessary to check compliance with regulatory procedures.
- it will be used in training and coaching our staff, however in such cases calls are edited so that the caller remains anonymous.
Personal data collected in the course of recording activities will be processed fairly and lawfully in accordance with data protection law. It will be:
- adequate, relevant and not excessive.
- used for the purpose(s) stated in this policy only and not used for any other purposes.
- accessible only to authorised Gleeson employees.
- treated confidentially.
- stored securely.
- not kept for longer than necessary and will be securely destroyed when it is no longer required.
- not passed to any third parties unless they have a legal right to it (for example the Police or HMRC) or there is a legitimate business need to do (for example in defence of an allegation against Gleeson Recruitment or our employee).
Under GDPR you have the right to request a copy of your calls, and to request that your calls be deleted if you believe we are keeping it for longer than necessary. These requests should be directed to email@example.com.
Alternative methods of communication are available, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Queries and concerns should be directed to the Operations Manager at email@example.com